"Open Some Bookmarks" Firefox Extension
August 7, 2016
This Firefox addon is superseded by the addon Open Auto Bookmarks
There will be no further development on this addon.
Users are encouraged to remove
"Open Some Bookmarks" (if already installed)
and install Open
Please forgive any inconvenience.
The "Open Some Bookmarks" Firefox extension creates a new Bookmarks sub-Folder PopupMenu
Item as follows:
Open Some - Defer Others
When Clicked, each Bookmark listed in the sub-Folder is loaded into a new Tab.
The "Open Count" Option setting then causes the first specified number of Bookmarks in
the list to be opened. That is, Firefox obtains and formats each page's contents in its
The remaining Bookmarks listed, if any, are loaded, but NOT opened until selected by
clicking each one's Tab.
If the "New Active" Options setting is checked, the first Bookmark listed becomes the new active
When Ctrl-Clicked, each Bookmark listed is opened/loaded, as above, but the
"New Active" setting is toggled (reversed).
To install the Open Some Bookmarks Firefox extension:
Click the following link:
Click any security query to allow installation.
When the grey "Install ..." button on the Software Installation dialog
changes to black "Install Now", click it.
- Suggest migration to "Open Auto Bookmarks"
- Support Firefox 45 & Multiprocess
- Support LiveMarks in Firefox 41+
- Query user to set "Don't load page until selected"
- Always refresh page (bypass cache)
- Add 'New Active' option
- Separate Browser and Options code
- Change minVersion to 13 for compatibility
- Check for undefined element for compatibility
- Adjusted maxVersion for compatibility
- Added iconURL in install.rdf"
- Version 1.0 Help
Some code for this extension is from addons "Open Link in Silent Tab" and "Load Tab on Select"